Potato Salad Competition Application
Rules and Regulations
- Potato salad to be prepared off-site.
- Entry presented for judging between 11:00 am & 4:00 PM at Resers' table near the entry to the Great Western Cook-off area.
- Standard turn-in containers (for transfer of samples for judges) will be supplied by St. Paul Rodeo at delivery of entry (contestant to transfer samples into containers)
- All entries will be stored in either cold or hot storage areas as appropriate for that entry. Storage areas supplied by Resers' and the cook-off committee.
- Most importantly, this is to be a fun and light-hearted competition: Good sportsmanship is vital.
- Entries are limited to fifteen (15) teams or individuals.
- Judging will be done by Reser’s Fine Food Research & Development Staff at 5:00 PM.
- Entry must be submitted in a standard turn-in container supplied by St. Paul Rodeo.
- Entry must contain enough potato salad for at least six judging samples (approximately ½ cup each)
- No foreign objects, containers, or any other items are allowed inside the turn-in container.
- Entry will be scored on appearance, taste, and originality.
- Judges will use spoons to take sample out of the entry container and will use spoons to taste samples.
- All participants will be required to submit a written recipe for any winning entry prior to awards being given.
- Standard food safety guidelines will be followed. Cold potato salad entries should be 40 degrees or below, hot potato salad entries should be 140 degrees or above. Sample temperatures may be taken.
- Participants are limited to one entry per registered team or individual.
- All judges’ decisions are final. In the event of a tie, judges will base final decision on overall presentation of entry for additional points to determine a winner.
- First, second and third place prizes will be awarded immediately after the judging tabulation and final confirmation. Prizes will be awarded in front of the crowds for recognition.
- If there is a dispute or there exists a need to modify an existing rule for unforeseen circumstances, the President of the Rodeo Association has final say as arbitrator and impartial judge.
Applications must be received by our committee by June 30, 2012 via the online entry form below or by printed form faxed to 503-633-2153 (click to download Potato Salad Competition Fax Submission Form)